Web portals allow employees, customers, and partners to choose their user experience, with personalized applications based on their identity, role, context, actions, location, preferences and team collaboration needs across organizational boundaries. Modern portals provide a composite application or business mashup framework and include the advanced tooling needed to build flexible, SOA-based solutions with unmatched scalability that may be required by any size organization. This framework provides a secure unified access point, often in the form of a web-based user interface, and is designed to aggregate and personalize information through application-specific portlets. One hallmark of enterprise portals is the de-centralized content contribution and content management, which keeps the information always updated.
MWebWare expertise on Portals:
MWebWare rolled out a wide variety of portal software ranging from open source to commercial tools like SharePoint & BEA Web Logic Portal. Come to us with your needs and we can work to pick the right solution. Some of the portals we built have the following characteristics:
- Comprehensive portal frameworks that make it easy to build sub-portal sites that meet the specific requirements of any type of audience. These frameworks built with a flexible and highly scalable architecture support personal, divisional, intranet, extranet and Internet sites.
- Integrated web content management makes customizing site look-and-feel easy. Powerful authoring features simplify content contribution. Centrally managed site design, publishing and deployment capabilities seamlessly integrate cutting-edge web content management into the overall portal platform.
- Cutting-edge social networking technology makes finding and managing expertise easier than ever before connecting important portal audience to key business applications.
- Consolidated access to existing business applications drives consistent performance of common business tasks. Streamlined development of new composite applications can lead to order of magnitude improvements in important business processes.
- A sophisticated application development environment shortens development time for highly customized business applications.
- A comprehensive application integration framework allows you to quickly assemble composite applications from existing systems.
- State-of-the-art application governance features provide fine-grained control over the application execution environment.
- Personalized information delivery increases the relevance and value of information. Audience targeting features allow information owners to decide how, when and where specific audiences consume their information.
- The My Site personal site pulls together summary views of personal information, providing full control over information “for me, by me, and about me.”
- Personalized information roll-up allows users to create customized summaries of important information in the portal.
Specifically, MWebWare works with following Portal software:
- Open Source: JBoss, Joomla and JetSpeed
- Microsoft Share Point
- BEA WebLogic Portal
- BEA AquaLogic User Interaction